Sun block not as healthy as we think....
Sun blocking on a daily basis is not as healthy as we have been led to believe. If we are constantly sun blocking than we are unable to produce vitamin D through the skin which is one of the skin’s most important functions.
The skin is the largest organ of the body. It has many other important functions as well such as communicating with the environment for the purpose of circadian rhythm balancing. The research on vitamin D and its health promoting properties has truly advanced over the last 10 years.
The main purpose of sunblock and sunscreen is to prevent sunburn which the authorities tell us is connected to the incidence of skin cancer. With the increased usage of sun block over the last several years, the incidence of skin cancer has INCREASED.
AMG believes in mimicking nature because "nature knows best" and "nature is safer". AMG scientists looked at how plants protect themselves from the sun. We all know that plants cannot survive without the sun, and either can humans. How much is too much?
Nature’s Sun Secret has a 17-page patent-pending document filed.
What we found in the research in the medical library that backed up the design of Nature’s Sun Secret:
- Constant sun exposure reduces collagen production resulting in an increase in wrinkles and sagging skin.
- Tanner and darker skin people, such as Italians, have a lower incidence of skin cancer.
- There is no evidence that the sun contributes to melanoma, the most deadly form of skin cancer.
- Chemicals in sunblock are harming the oceans, wildlife, and humans including children and babies. Many are carcinogenic and hormone disrupting.
- Some Plants contain natural UVA/UVB protectors.
- Free radicals are DNA disrupting and can be fought off with antioxidants.
- What we put on our skin gets absorbed into our bloodstream, the good and the bad.
- Transparent zinc oxide and nano-titanium dioxide get absorbed deep into the dermis and cause DNA damage to humans and fish.
- Chemicals that get into our oceans are negatively affecting wildlife and coral reefs.
Nature's Sun Secret active ingredients:
Carrot Seed oil: SPF of 40 and contains beta-carotene antioxidant, makes it orange
Tamanu oil (Ballnut): SPF of 20
Red Raspberry Seed Oil: SPF of 10
Coconut oil: SPF 8
Shea butter: SPF of 5
Gluconolactone: SPF 3
Which ingredients increase collagen production?
-Ascorbyl phosphate: a form of vitamin C needed by the skin to increase collagen production naturally. Research says exposure to UV light reduces type 1 collagen in the dermis in human skin and causes premature skin aging.
-Sunflower oil contains vitamin C for increasing collagen production.
-Most of the plant ingredients contain vitamin C. Plus multiple antioxidants added, known to reduce wrinkles.
-Shea butter increases collagen production.
- No white residue
- No burning
- Vitamin D production because defends against burning rays but is not a sunblock
- Allows minimal melanin production so as to allow some tanning while preventing age spots